Can I claim for other expenses incurred because of my delay?
We may be able to help with some expenses but your travel insurer should cover you for most things so it’s best to drop them a line first.
We can only consider reimbursing you for the following expenses that were a direct result of your delayed or cancelled train:
Transport between the station and your accommodation
The cost of calling anyone who was waiting for you at your destination
Please note that we can’t cover any other expenses, such as the cost of alternative transport, if you decided not to wait for the next available Eurostar train.
To see if you can claim, please Contact us and fill in the online form as described below:
- Do you have a booking with Eurostar? > No
- What would you like to do? > Ask a question
- Ask a question > Disruption
- Disruption > Claiming compensation for a past disruption
- Claiming compensation for a past disruption > Expenses
If you have a booking reference:
- Do you have a booking with Eurostar? > Yes
- Enter your booking reference > Submit
- What would you like to do? > Claim
- Claim> Expenses
Alternatively, you can also use the steps described above.
When submitting your claim, please include the following details:
Legible scans or photos of your Eurostar tickets
Legible scans or photos of any relevant, itemised receipts
Your bank details, so we can reimburse you as quickly as possible:
account number and sort code if you live in the UK,
your IBAN and BIC/Swift code if you live in the Eurozone, or
the email address linked to your PayPal account if you live outside of Europe.