What documents do I need to bring? - Eurostar Help Centre
Help centre
Select a language

What documents do I need to bring?

We’d hate to leave anyone behind. Here’s the lowdown.

Travelling to and from London

You’ll need a valid passport. Depending on your nationality and the purpose of your stay, you may need additional travel documents, like a visa. And if you don’t need a visa to visit the UK, you may need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) instead.

Please ensure you’ve got everything you need or you may not be able to travel.

Check what documents you need.

Travelling between Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Germany

Your ticket will be checked both during the pre-departure process and on board.

You may also be asked to present an identity document, to check the accuracy of your ticket or during a random customs inspection.

Authorisation to leave the country:

Any minor residing in France who travels from France to another country without his/her parents must be in possession, in addition to his identity document, of an Authorisation to Leave the Country (ALC), duly completed and signed, and a copy of the identity document or passport of the parent or legal guardian of the ALC. Without this authorisation, your child will be refused access on board of trains from Paris.


Was this answer helpful?

Contact us:

Contact us